What is the best 6 person tent out there?
You’d say, what you need matters. However, it depends on whether you are a seasoned camper, a group of friends looking for a tent for hunting, or a family looking to spend some time outdoors.
But all in all, there may come a time when you’ll need just a little more space.
You can go for a large cabin tent, but sometimes it is more than what you want to deal with. That’s where the best 6 person tent comes in.
In this guide, we will stick with the kind of tent, whose space is roomy enough for a group. It packs up quite small and can manage a reasonable amount of gear.
Related Article: Best 4 Person Tent [Our Reviews & Comparisons]
Now let’s take a look at the best 6 person tent out there.
|1. Alps Mountaineering Camp Creek||Check Price|
|2. Eureka! Copper Canyon||Check Price|
|3. Winterial Teepee||Check Price|
|4. Timber Ridge Instant Cabin Tent||Check Price|
|5. Coleman Evanston||Check Price|
Our 5 Best 6 person tent for Camping Product Reviews and Comparisons
1. Alps Mountaineering Camp Creek
As one of the biggest brands in the tent market, ALPS Mountaineering has a reputation of producing tents tough enough beyond reason that will last longer with few maintenance.
- Plenty of usable space. With a 10 X 10 ft floor and a 7 feet center, the tent is not only spacious enough to accommodate six adults but also allows more room for cots and the ability to stand up.
- A weatherproof fly adds large awnings over the front doorway and back window. It has less airflow than many tents, a factor that makes it efficient in dealing with cold weather.
- It comes with mesh storage shelf, stake, guy ropes, and four large windows that make the tent highly breathable.
- Easy setup with unique hub design and pole clips that quickly snap over the fiberglass tent poles.
What We Like About Alps Mountaineering Camp Creek
- Easy to set up because of the unique hub design and pole clips.
- Enhanced ventilation from the combination of zippered Mesh Door, windows, and Mesh roof to offer comfort and control.
- The tent stays dry even after a couple of hard downpours. It combines unbeatable factory-sealed coating.
What We Don’t Like About Alps Mountaineering Camp Creek
- Users report several instances of the fiberglass pole splitting.
- The setup instructions are lacking.
- Performance-driven high-quality tent.
- Comes with a pocket inside and an attachment strap to attach the light on the ceiling.
- It packages fairly compactly for this size and type of tent.
- Highly breathable tent because of its ventilations.
- The bottom is thinner.
- It has a problem to withstand high wind speed.
2. Eureka! Copper Canyon
Enjoy the great outdoors without giving up comforts of home with Eureka! Copper Canyon. Eureka is one of the oldest tent companies in the world. They have a tent worth taking note of from their 120+ years of manufacturing.
Check this Article: The 5 Best Waterproof Tents for Camping in [year] [Our Reviews & Comparisons]
- Size-wise, it is a tent with a large cabin that measures 10 X 10 feet and a peak height of 7 feet. The size is not uncommon but not a common one either.
- A 3-seasoned tent that has it all when it comes to weather protection. The bottom is fully welded with tub style to keep out stagnant waters.
- The near-vertical walls in this cabin-style tent create a spacious interior ideal for cots and airbeds.
- Convenient gear pockets and small gear loft, which rounds it out as a solid tent that has tons of great features
What We Like About Eureka! Copper Canyon
- Sufficient space to fit six people but could work far better with 4 or 5
- The tent is lighter—25 pounds—but packs small.
What We Don’t Like About Eureka! Copper Canyon
- The floor is as thin as the sides
- The netting is razor-thin
- Outlasts rain and wind storms with the durable steel/fiberglass frame
- It comes with two high-stash storage pockets and a gear loft to essentials close at hand and within easy reach
- The door has water-resistant flaps which qualify it to go with during cold season but not dead winter
- It is quick and easy to assemble
- A stiff breeze can twist or collapse its walls
- The loops that hold the pole are all stretched so tight that the stitching is showing
3. Winterial Teepee
Forget about cramped tents; sometimes, you want something other than an ordinary tent. While any shelter works in a storm, a shelter that expresses a sense of adventure is always alittle more appreciatable.
Winterial Teepee is made with quality and care to be an exceptional product.
Read Article: 11 Tips for an Effortless Summer Party
- Spacious 12 feet diameter tent, a feature that makes it the roomiest 6 person option around. You’ll have to center people around the center pole for it to fit 6-7 people.
- Suitable for every weather situation. The Winterial Teepee tent can handle the brutality of nearly all the four seasons except for full winter.
- Durability. Enjoy long-lasting use and protection from elements with the 210T polyester crafts that can withstand lots of harsh conditions.
What We Like About Winterial Teepee
- It has plenty of headroom and space around the edges for gear storage.
- Appropriate for all the four seasons.
- Exquisitely easy to set up.
What We Don’t Like About Winterial Teepee
- Doesn’t fit in an air mattress
- Even though it is appropriate for all seasons, the tent has lots of space that hold cold air, thus, not suitable for winters
- Although the tent is quite spacious, it is easy to set it up
- The whole tent is waterproof
- The outlook of the tent is appealing
- The tent can be much smaller than expected
- No storage compartment
- It requires lots of stake-pulling when leaving the camp
4. Timber Ridge Instant Cabin Tent
This is one of the budget-friendly tents out there. It requires no assembly because the tent has a quick open system, which is excellent for camping.
- Lots of room. The floor measures 10 X 10 with a height of over 6 feet. This is roomy enough for six sleeping adults
- The top is a mesh along with the window that contributes to sufficient ventilation. A rainfly covers all of this with a small awning over the door.
- The external structure is a sizable O-shaped door for easy entry and exit, three zippered mesh windows, top mesh for adequate ventilation, a cover for rain protection.
What We Like About Timber Ridge Instant Cabin Tent
- The tent can handle colder weather correctly but not dead winter
- It requires minimal assembly
- Packs small and doesn`t weigh too much
What We Don’t Like About Timber Ridge Instant Cabin Tent
- Though the tent is capable of accommodating six people, the tent will be cramped
- The thin pole used for rainfly can break during a storm
- Provide large enough space to sleep six people comfortably
- Excellent airflow
- Comes with a carrying case
- Goes up easily
- Might have problem withstanding high winds
- The zippers might not be long-lasting
5. Coleman Evanston
Enjoy bug-free lounging and extra ventilation in the separate screened-in room offered with the Coleman Evanston.
- The inside tent measures 10 X 9 feet, which is a bit smaller than the other 6 person tents. But it has a full-screened porch measuring 5 x 10 feet that makes a great sitting area and storage for gears.
- The doors, windows, and seams are all sealed for ultimate protection with Coleman`s WeatherTec system.
- The tent has a venting mesh, which combines with windows and doors to provide sufficient ventilation.
What We Like About Coleman Evanston
- Comes with convenient gear storage pouches
- The tent is easy to set up
- It packs down small and weighs manageable 20 pounds
What We Don’t Like About Coleman Evanston
- Space cannot fit six adults without getting too cramped
- Might have problem handling storms
- Budget-friendly for the services it offers
- Comes with separate screen room that offers free lounging
- WeatherTec system with patented welded floors and inverted seams to keep you dry
- The front porch is terrible when it rains
- The entire rear of the tent is ventilation and lets in raindrops
Camping success hugely depends on the tent you’ll use.
This means that ensuring your 6 person tent is a reliable companion on your trips is critical. This means that the best 6 person tent is your decision based on certain features.
We’ve tried to uncover many details in the review above to give you a clear picture of what you need. You can now make the right choice for great times outdoors.
Check this Article: Best Tent Brands with an Excellent Reputation in [year]
Passionate about the outdoors. He has accrued a wealth of experience and knowledge in naturalism, outside adventures, ski instruction, and writing. In addition to exploring the outdoors, he enjoys backpacking and camping.